Entry tags:
- [writing]: i'm a real writer,
- [writing]: original,
- [writing]: state of the writer,
- can't believe that just fucking happened,
- christ on a bike,
- fucking fuck,
- i'm the best dancer,
- misty you stupid,
- my sister is an artist,
- shenanigans,
- what the everloving fuck,
- who is running my life,
- why i don't have a real sex life,
- work work work,
- yeeeeeaaaahhhh,
- ~ real life: derby girl,
- ~ real life: pay me money for services,
- ~ real life: secretly a knitter,
- ~ real life: sick and hurt
verdict on the knee
This'll be the last time I talk about it, promise! Probably a lie.
I finally got to see the orthopedist today, and he spent five minutes trying to get my MRI films to stay on the light box and about two minutes looking at them. But apparently he saw what he needed to, and the final verdict was that I have an incomplete PCL injury, not a tear (thank goodness, requiring surgery) nor stretching (resulting in a wobbly tibia), but mostly strain and bruising which might lead to a tear if I persist in my full-contact roller sports. Because there's no brace to wear for a PCL injury, I have to basically suck it up and carry on as normal, minus the sports, for 3-4 months. Because knees are delicate flowers that can bear 5x your own body weight when you treat them right.
I'm sorry, knees!
My next course of action will be to hop along to the Y and join up in order to swim and cycle and gently weight-lift my knee back to full strength. As much as not playing derby is disappointing, I'm actually really looking forward to getting into swimming again. So there's that.
IN OTHER NEWS, I have a free original story coming out soon (someday), and sister!Sarah made me some really amazing cover art for it:

FUCKIN' RIGHT?! I'm in love. Theo is perfect, the diamond is perfect, and Clayton... ugh, I love it.
My WIP of choice right now is another original short for Dreamspinner, which involves two college boys falling in love. Shocking. Boy1, Charlie Porter, can't fly home to the States from London for Christmas because of major snowfall (it's hard to write this in July, but I'm managing). Boy2, Hugh Campbell, invites him home to Scotland for the holiday, and they pretend they don't have feelings for one another. I'm having a grand old time with it. COLLEGE BOYS. That's meant to be finished, edited, and submitted for inclusion in a collection by the end of the month. So far so good. I'm going to need a Scot to look it over in the editing process, though, for Scottish integrity. :D?
Speaking of Scots, I can't remember which of "Oh, aye," and "Och, aye" means yes and which means no. Any ideas?
Last on the list of silly crazy things that are happening to me is the fact that I am currently commissioned to knit custom slipper socks for HRH the Queen Mother of the UAE. This is not a joke. I'm knitting for royalty.
That is all. Have a good weekend, you guys.
I finally got to see the orthopedist today, and he spent five minutes trying to get my MRI films to stay on the light box and about two minutes looking at them. But apparently he saw what he needed to, and the final verdict was that I have an incomplete PCL injury, not a tear (thank goodness, requiring surgery) nor stretching (resulting in a wobbly tibia), but mostly strain and bruising which might lead to a tear if I persist in my full-contact roller sports. Because there's no brace to wear for a PCL injury, I have to basically suck it up and carry on as normal, minus the sports, for 3-4 months. Because knees are delicate flowers that can bear 5x your own body weight when you treat them right.
I'm sorry, knees!
My next course of action will be to hop along to the Y and join up in order to swim and cycle and gently weight-lift my knee back to full strength. As much as not playing derby is disappointing, I'm actually really looking forward to getting into swimming again. So there's that.
IN OTHER NEWS, I have a free original story coming out soon (someday), and sister!Sarah made me some really amazing cover art for it:

FUCKIN' RIGHT?! I'm in love. Theo is perfect, the diamond is perfect, and Clayton... ugh, I love it.
My WIP of choice right now is another original short for Dreamspinner, which involves two college boys falling in love. Shocking. Boy1, Charlie Porter, can't fly home to the States from London for Christmas because of major snowfall (it's hard to write this in July, but I'm managing). Boy2, Hugh Campbell, invites him home to Scotland for the holiday, and they pretend they don't have feelings for one another. I'm having a grand old time with it. COLLEGE BOYS. That's meant to be finished, edited, and submitted for inclusion in a collection by the end of the month. So far so good. I'm going to need a Scot to look it over in the editing process, though, for Scottish integrity. :D?
Speaking of Scots, I can't remember which of "Oh, aye," and "Och, aye" means yes and which means no. Any ideas?
Last on the list of silly crazy things that are happening to me is the fact that I am currently commissioned to knit custom slipper socks for HRH the Queen Mother of the UAE. This is not a joke. I'm knitting for royalty.
That is all. Have a good weekend, you guys.

no subject
Boooo to your injury, but yay to it not being something worse, and swimming being my favorite type of athletic activity (okay...my *only* type of athletic activity), I think that's a pretty rad way to get it back in shape.
no subject
I am sad about my knee, but I do love swimming, so that's a silver lining I guess.
no subject
And that cover art for your other story is lovely.
Sorry to hear about your knee! But I'm glad it's not worse. <3
no subject
Ugh Christmas fiction. All this nonsense about flannel pants and warm drinks and snowfall. LIES.
It could be worse. <3
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
that's a lovely cover. your sister does good work. boy's cute, too. :D
how did you get a commission to knit socks for royalty? how cool, tho.
no subject
She's very clever with Photoshop and a drawing tablet. :D
By accident! I teach private knitting lessons at the store where I work, and one lady I helped with a sweater has a husband who works in custom medical footware. He emailed me with a special request for knitted slipper boots, so I'm knitting for royalty. We get a lot of famous/important/rich people in Baltimore for medical treatment at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
no subject
Sorry about the knee. :( But it sounds like you have a good rehab plan. And, you know, knees are kind of important.
♥
no subject
no subject
Glad you didn't have horrible, horrible news about the knee. Take care of it. If there is a Nu-Step at the Y, you might give it a whirl. I've used it in PT and there are 2 at the gym on campus, and they give you a pretty good workout without actually requiring any load bearing. Plus, you get to work out your arms. My PT and my orthopedic surgeon like them a lot.
Yay for story!!
Slipper socks for royalty--does this mean we have to curtesy to you now? Sadly, my knees don't bend like that, so you'll have to be content with a tip o' the hat.
no subject
Yay story!
You do not have to curtsey now. Nor do I have to curtsey, I just have to knit and felt this pair of slippers to specifications, and then roll in royal money. Apparently.