mistyzeo: (kitties sniffing)
elinor ([personal profile] mistyzeo) wrote2013-02-20 06:11 pm
18

love and other things

I've been a lousy flist friend lately, and for that I am sorry! But I did see that some people said some lovely things on that Valentine's Love Meme, and I was absolutely tickled pink. You must know that I adore you all and miss you every day I'm not doing fandom-y interaction things. Work etc., has been more of a time drain than I expected it to be, and while I am writing (nearly) every day, my Twitter/LJ/Tumblr time has been strangely limited.

So, I love you. You are the cleverest, kindest, most generous, most enthusiastic, most splendid group of people, and I love having you in my life. ♥ ♥ ♥

If you think for some reason (I sometimes think this) that the above statement does not apply to you because we don't talk much, or are not well acquainted, or haven't been in touch in a while, you are wrong. I love you, also.

Update time?
» My family came back from Portland intact, and it's been nice having them home. The conclusion I drew about living on my own requiring a much smaller space stands, but I'm enjoying sharing again!
» Roller Derby is awesome. I've been to two practices now in this first week of ten for Bootcamp, and they were both brutal and amazing. Monday night was about skating basics (balancing, falling, turning around) and Tuesday night was speed & endurance night. Also some more skating basics. Lots of strength training is needed, and lots of practicing my crossovers. I'm getting better!
» Yarn store job as expected. We rearranged the store recently for logic's sake, and I'm very happy with it. It's so beautiful in there.
» Office job also going well, as usual; one of the guys wants to be my tutor in all things Horror Movies (not my area), and also occasionally asks after my writing career. Hard to know what to tell him!
» Speaking of my writing career, I have a proper website now. WordPress and its blogging platform do not ask very much of me, coding skill or money wise, so I'm very happy. Soon, I will point my other blogs, etc. in that direction. :D
» I'm going to a conference in March with [livejournal.com profile] tjournal and some others, and I'm supa excited. I'm going to practice my pitching to T, and I'm going to hang out with writers and call myself an author in public!

Writing stuffs:
» Remember that time I wrote a stupid Ultimate Frisbee fic and topped it off with some buttsex so anyone would read it? Now people are going to pay to read it. You're welcome.
» Finished two fics this week but have not had them looked over yet. Might not get them looked over, might just post them. The first is the rest of that super indulgent cocaine fic in the Felony!verse, in which Watson basically canes the coke addiction out of Holmes. IDK. It's unrealistic, but I love it. The second one was a wee little pornlet for [livejournal.com profile] tweedisgood, about the start of the Great War.
» 50 Reasons is going strong, although I have 0 chapters in reserve right now and have to write them off the cuff the day I'm supposed to post. I am teh laziest.
» The Harry Potter/Sherlock crossover is eating me, and I'm enjoying it.
» There's some other stuff that I'm working on, but I forget what it is. It's probably important.
veronamay: (miscellany - tea and alcohol)

[personal profile] veronamay 2013-02-21 09:03 am (UTC)(link)
IDEC how unrealistic that Felony!verse series is. I love it madly and I may have made a noise just now when reading there's another part coming.
veronamay: (Default)

[personal profile] veronamay 2013-02-22 11:07 pm (UTC)(link)
And here's me with a three-hour train trip to get through this afternoon. WHATEVER SHALL I DO.
(deleted comment)

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-02-20 11:39 pm (UTC)(link)
Thanks! I sure think so. :D It's going to be part of a one-a-day sports anthology coming in June. :DDDDDDDDD

[identity profile] tweedisgood.livejournal.com 2013-02-21 11:27 am (UTC)(link)
ooh, something for me?

*awaits*

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-02-21 01:51 pm (UTC)(link)
It's a little cheesy, but I think you'll enjoy it.

[identity profile] tweedisgood.livejournal.com 2013-03-04 06:46 pm (UTC)(link)
I thought it was lovely and not at all cheesy. Old people in love, what's not to like?

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-03-04 07:53 pm (UTC)(link)
Yay! Old people in love are splendid. I think what makes writing canon Holmes slightly more inviting to me than BBC Holmes is that his smooshy interior is a little more visible. :D

[identity profile] tweedisgood.livejournal.com 2013-03-04 08:53 pm (UTC)(link)
Yes, indeed. Although I write ACD Holmes as perhaps even more reserved than you do, he isn't the utter *arse* in the books that he is on TV. One reason I have no yen to transfer to BBc fandom.

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-03-04 10:01 pm (UTC)(link)
I do write him rather emotive, for Holmes, but I'm happy that there's room for it. BBC Holmes does have feelings, but they're harder to find.

[identity profile] wendy.livejournal.com 2013-02-21 01:52 pm (UTC)(link)
You are amazing. ♥

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-02-22 03:11 am (UTC)(link)
:3 No, you.