mistyzeo: (yarn)
elinor ([personal profile] mistyzeo) wrote2013-02-02 09:44 am
18

this is not a knitting blog

But! [livejournal.com profile] beatslut and I started a knit-a-long for John's Christmas Jumper. :DDDDDD I knit the ribbing last night and the colorwork bottom edge listening to the Three Patch Podcast this morning.



Also I made a PDF version of the pattern with bonus!John for your knitting pleasure. If you like that sort of thing.

KNITTING IS GREAT, THE END.

This week I need to buckle down and finish my [livejournal.com profile] holmes_big_bang, posting on the 6th, and then I can go back to faffing around and writing Holmes/Watson/Mary DP porn and the new iteration of the fic I owe [livejournal.com profile] tebtosca. There may be weathermen, I'm just saying.

Have a great weekend. ♥

[identity profile] cordelia-gray.livejournal.com 2013-02-02 06:55 pm (UTC)(link)
Yay knitting! I need to post the new hat I just made, I'm very proud of it. We can be knitting bloggers together!

It looks like a lovely sweater jumper, I love the colours you've picked. (The model's OK too;) And I like your wooden needles.

I'm such a slow knitter, I'd hesitate to start a project like this for fear it would take me an age to finish. I think my next thing is going to be a nice warm vest for my mum, but I'm going to use big chunky yarn & giant needles so it goes fast.

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-02-03 02:22 am (UTC)(link)
I want to see your hat! :D

My Yarn boss said, "I knit one of those once, in the eighties," and I couldn't decide whether I was pleased or horrified. It really is a ridiculous sweater, so I need to accept that. Next time I'll knit a flattering lady-style sweater. Or something.

I love bamboo needles to the ends of the earth. They are the best for all projects. Also I never use straight needles.

A big chunky vest sounds like the perfect thing! Are you on Ravelry? I'm "schmelinor" over there.

[identity profile] cordelia-gray.livejournal.com 2013-02-07 05:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I am on Ravelry! The hat I made is here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/MissSmall/toorie

I haven't posted it on LJ yet, because it has my face in the pictures, but I think it came out pretty well!

Hows the jumper coming?

[identity profile] mistyzeo.livejournal.com 2013-02-07 05:15 pm (UTC)(link)
It's so cute! Can we be friends on Rav? I'm schmelinor.

The jumper is coming along. I have about 7 or 8 inches of body, but I'm going to make it approximately 20 to reach past my hip, so. Got a ways to go.